The mission of the NCDOT Congestion Management Section is the statewide application of cost-effective traffic engineering based operational and safety improvement strategies which mitigate the impacts of traffic congestion, improve system efficiency, enhance traveler safety, and improve economic vitality.
The vision of the NCDOT Congestion Management Section is optimal system-wide mobility.
- Identify and implement projects that improve travel times
- Identify and implement projects that improve travel time reliability
- Provide safe and efficient access to people, products and places statewide
- Provide superior customer service
- Build and share the knowledge base of operational and safety improvement strategies