The Title Sheet identifies the package of sheets as a set of Pavement Marking Plan. It is used to provide the general project information as well as project specific details to reviewers, the contractor, inspector and future designers.
(Include pavement marking schedule on title sheet for smaller, less complex projects)
Title Sheet Elements
- TIP Number
- Contract Number
- Vicinity Map – a general map that shows the Interstate, US, Primary and Secondary Routes in a large enough area to locate the project. Required if there is no Roadway plan set. (Not required if paired with a signing plan set that includes a vicinity map)
- County and Location information - description taken from the Roadway cover page
- General Notes – a list of notes that can apply to all projects; the Engineer may add or modify notes to this list as necessary as they apply to the Pavement Marking Plan as a whole (included on Seed Files)
- Project Notes –brief descriptions of work necessary to convey specific construction details to the contractor. Project notes are used to expand upon the Construction Method subsection of the NCDOT SSRS (Standard Specifications for Roads and Structures) of a particular pay item note. Project notes shall not be used to delete or modify any part of the SSRS.
- Roadway Standard Drawings – a list of all applicable pavement marking-specific Roadway Standard Drawings shall be listed on the Title Sheet.
- Sheet Index – a list of Pavement Marking sheets by plan element type
- Contact Information – a list of applicable contact information such as the Signing and Delineation Regional Engineer, Signing and Delineation Project Engineer, Design-Build Squad leader, Division Traffic Engineer, Regional Traffic Engineer. If the Signing and Delineation Unit does not review the plans, they shall not be listed on the Title Sheet.
- Firm Information – If prepared by a PEF, the Title Sheet shall contain the PEF name, address, NCBELS License number and main office number. A non-colored logo may be included.
Title Sheet Example and Description (Link)