The NCDOT GIS Unit is pleased to announce release of the GIS Data layers on the GIS unit webpage specified below for Fourth Quarter 2016. Thanks to everyone for your patience. Future Quarter releases are scheduled for the following months: February/March, May and August and November.
1. The NCDOT Rail Division data for crossings and track locations have been updated.
2. The Fourth Quarter 2016 Release of the Road Characteristics layer is now available which includes both System and Non-System routes. The HighwayExit point feature class is included in the GDB.
3. The Fourth Quarter 2016 Release of the Statewide System and Non-System Road Arcs and Statewide System and Non-System Road Routes is now available.
4. Metadata (information about the layer) is included for all layers available on this page and within the layer download through ArcCatalog.
5. Data translation documents are available for NCRoutes, NCRouteArcs and NCRouteCharacteristics for download. These documents translate the old field names to the new field name as well as provide their meaning, source contact and extent of each field. These documents are similar to metadata but provide a more user-friendly, printer friendly read that can be accessed without ArcGIS software or downloading any of the feature layers.
For more information about available NCDOT data, please see document NCDOT GIS Unit Announcements.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.