1. The FY 2013 - 2014 Municipal Boundaries layer is now available.
2. The County Boundaries layer has been updated and is now available in shoreline and non-shoreline formats.
3. The NCDOT Division Boundaries layer has been updated according to the county boundary changes and is now available.
4. The NCDOT Rail Division data for track, crossing, and facility locations have been updated.
5. The NCDOT Bridge locations layer has been updated to reflect Bridge Maintenance Unit’s data, current to January 5, 2015.
6. The First Quarter 2015 Release of the NCMIN Tiers Layer and tabular data are now available.
7. The First Quarter 2015 Release of the Road Characteristics layer is now available. Prior to downloading the layer, please review the improvements and known issues (see link on page listed below).
8. The First Quarter 2015 Release of the Statewide Primary & Secondary Road Arcs and Statewide Primary & Secondary Road Routes is now available.
9. Metadata (information about the layer) is included for all layers available on this page and is bundled within the layer download.
10. The Linear Referencing System (LRS) Integration Guide is available to assist users with the LRS and referencing methods in the "Road Data" layers.
11. The Road Characteristics Field Descriptions document is available which covers the meaning, source contact and extent of each field in Road Characteristics. This document is similar to the metadata but it is more user-friendly, printer friendly and can be accessed without ArcGIS software and without downloading the Road Characteristics geodatabase.