The Leadership & Management Development Association is the N.C. Department of Transportation's chapter of the
National Management Association (NMA), a professional organization focused on continuing development of leaders and managers.
What is LMDA?
The mission and purposes of this chapter are to:
- Develop a professional spirit and understanding of management as a profession.
- Provide opportunity for development of leadership and managerial skills through education and experience.
- Provide opportunity for exchange of ideas and information on management practices.
- Encourage the spirit of unity and cooperation among managers at all levels.
- Provide a vehicle to improve service to the citizens of North Carolina by improved management practices.
- Interface with managers from other agencies (private, non-profit, other government).
- Encourage new Chapters in areas beyond NCDOT where synergy and common goals may exist in order to further promote leadership and management development.
The foremost benefit of active LMDA membership is the opportunity to develop and improve professional relationships with managers from all facets of NCDOT and other state agencies. Expand your existing professional network and meet managers and peers who can provide advice from their personal experience as you work through managerial and workplace issues.
Don't just join. Become an active member and demonstrate your commitment to personal and professional development as a leader and manager.
- Walk the talk
- Show your talents
- Learn new skills
- Observe effective leadership in others
- Learn about other units
To become a member send a completed application to one of the Board of Directors.