News & Information
Online Payment Instructions
Paying online will speed up the processing of your LT-262s by removing the need to write and mail a check, then waiting for the mail to be delivered.
- If you have received a
Notification Letter (LT-160B) –
OR a confirmation email from NCDMV - then you are ready to complete the LT-262 form online.
- The N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles uses an online service, called PayIt, that allows you to take advantage of submitting multiple vehicles in one secure transaction. The LT-262 form and payment can now be submitted together in PayIt.
- PayIt collects a $3 transaction fee for each transaction that it uses to deliver quality services more efficiently with no upfront costs to NCDMV. A maximum of 10 vehicles can be submitted in one transaction for a single $3 PayIt fee. The state of North Carolina does not collect or benefit from the transaction fee charged by PayIt.
- The $3 payment will be automatically added to your transaction total.
- Reminder: NCDMV charges a $13 processing fee for each vehicle you intend to sell. A vehicle identification number must be entered on the form for each vehicle you intend to sell.
- Internet Explorer is not supported. Please use another browser.
Make a Payment Online
You'll receive a confirmation email once the request is submitted.
If you need a PDF copy of the LT262 to mail in with a physical check,
you can download it here.