• Doing Business with NCTA

    The North Carolina Turnpike Authority is responsible for managing its own procurement of goods and commodities – including information and technology services – and the acquisition of all equipment, materials, supplies, printing, and services, through outright purchase, rental, lease, lease purchase, or installment purchase.  

    It is NCTA's policy to administer its procurement program in a manner that ensures and encourages free and open competition and is based on sound procurement procedures and management.

  • Current Procurements

    I-485 Express Lanes Roadside Toll Collection System 

    The North Carolina Turnpike Authority (NCTA) has released a Request for Proposals for the I-485 Express Lanes Roadside Toll Collection System.

    NCTA is interested in soliciting Proposals from qualified industry contractors (“Proposers") that can provide NCTA with an Express Lanes Roadside Toll Collection System (RTCS) with dynamic pricing capabilities and an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) for the I-485 Express Lanes project.

    More information: I-485 Express Lanes RTCS RFP​

  • Past Procurements

    Customer Service Operations
    NCTA issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) from qualified proposers to provide an innovative efficient customer service operations and facility management for the NC Quick Pass and NC Ferry Customer Service Operations. 

  • Bidding & Letting

    NCTA advertises all requests for private engineering or consulting services in the North Carolina Purchase Directory and posts the advertisements on Connect NCDOT.

    Firms responding to an NCTA request for qualifications (RFQ) or requests for proposals (RRP) must be pre-qualified to perform the work and be listed on the NCDOT Register of Qualified Firms.
    NCTA does not maintain an independent register of qualified private engineering or consulting firms, but relies on the register compiled and maintained by NCDOT.
  • Contact Information

    For toll-related questions and customer service center, call 1-877-7MY-PASS (1-877-769-7277) or send an email to TollQuestions@ncdot.gov.

    For general inquiries, call (919) 707-2700 or send a fax to (919) 715-5511.

    Mailing Address:
    North Carolina Turnpike Authority
    1578 Mail Service Center
    Raleigh, NC 27699-1578

    Physical Delivery Address:

    North Carolina Turnpike Authority
    Transportation Building
    1 South Wilmington Street
    Raleigh, NC 27601

Was this page helpful?