This happens when your computer is configured with a lower security setting than our website allows.
Connect NCDOT requires a modern browser like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported.
While NCDOT cannot compel you to change any settings on your computer, or be responsible for any affects it has on your machine, we believe following these steps will fix the issue.
You may need assistance from your in-house IT personnel to make this change.
- Step 1Click Start, then Control Panel, then Administrative Tools
- Step 2In the left-hand pane, expand the 'Local Policies' tree, and click on 'Security Options.'
- Step 3In the right-hand pane, scroll down to 'Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level' and double-click it.
- Step 4A dialog with a drop-down box will appear. Select 'Send NTLMv2 response only.'
- Step 5Hit 'Ok'
- Step 6Reconnect to the site