NC Department of Transportation
Welcome to the NCDOT Construction Unit's New Web Format of the Construction Manual. This manual was developed to provide a more user-friendly, interactive and searchable format for our users. If a conflict arises between the Standard Specifications for Roads and Structures or contract documents and this manual, the specifications and contract documents will have precedence.
RECENT SIGNIFICANT REVISIONS
DATE|| SUMMARY OF CHANGE|
|03 Pipe||300-8||04.25.23||For all other
deformities outside of the ranges listed in Article 300-8, the Engineer will
contact the State Materials and Tests Engineer for direction|
|Records and Reports||Final Estimate Assembly Preparation Procedures||02.28.23|| As- Constructed Plan Sheets for Structures added requirements for rehab/preservation projects and tip elevations for each drilled pier|
|Records and Reports||Final Inspection||02.28.2023||Added missing responsibility chart|
|Records and Reports||DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE/MINORITY BUSINESS ENTERPRISE/WOMEN BUSINESS ENTERPRISE ||02.20.2023||Trucking plans are required when DBE subcontractor is used to meet contract committments.|
04 Major Structures
07 Concrete Pavement
|220-3, 411-3,455-3, 724-1|
|08.12.2022||Defines who should be attending the pre-operation meeting|
|10 Materials|| 1019 SHOULDER AND SLOPE MATERIAL ||08.12.2022||New Section: contact Roadside Environmental Unit for recommendations to lower pH below 7.0.|
|07 Concrete Pavement|| 724 NONWOVEN GEOTEXTILE INTERLAYER ||08.12.2022||New section: nonwoven geotextile interlayer|
HELPFUL USER HINTS
- Links are located throughout the manual in red font. When you hover over the letters in red, the words in the link will display as underlined. Click on this example of a link to the
Construction Unit webpage. Links will open in another tab, so the user can have the manual and the selected link open at the same time for their use.
- A dropdown menu located on the left hand side of the manual allows for quick access to divisions and sections.
- After selecting a section from the dropdown menu, the Table of Contents for that section will display. Use the links in the Table of Contents to access specific sub-sections.
- Top of Page links are located after each sub-section to quickly get you back to the Table of Contents.
- Links to the Standard Specifications of Roads and Bridges and the Standard Roadway Drawings are conveniently located in each section under the Table of Contents for your use in conjunction with the Construction Manual.
- Technician's Checklists can be found at the bottom of applicable sections in the Additional Resources tab. A quick link to the Additional Resources tab is located at the bottom of applicable sections table of contents. Opening the checklists by right-clicking on the pdf and choosing to open in new tab is recommended. This will allow the user to have the manual and checklist open at the same time for their use.
- Use the search function within the manual located on the top left hand side of the page above the dropdown menu, to quickly search for specific words or topics.
- If you have any questions or comments on how we can improve the Construction Manual please contact us through the Contact Form in the top right corner of this page. A representative from the Construction Unit will contact you accordingly.